I just finished reading Andre Agassi's candid memoir about his life thus far - early childhood through 2007, one year after he retired from professional tennis. I liked it very much, a lot more than I ever thought I would. I am left with the realization that everything I thought about Agassi is a misnomer. He was rarely the confident (sometimes arrogant) and charismatic champion I imagined him to be. Like most human beings, he was full of contradictions and self-doubt. Most surprising to many is his admission that he hated the game of tennis for his entire life. This is especially surprising since he had a longer career than most players. In his 20+ years of playing professional tennis, he attempted several "comebacks" but it was not until 1997 when he began his now famous charity work (leading to the opening of the Andre Agassi College Prep Academy in Las Vegas) that he really found meaning in playing a game that he hated. He was able to use his fame and skill on the court to help others succeed.
http://www.amazon.com/Open-Autobiography-Andre-Agassi/dp/0307268195